As business owners and entrepreneurs, each of us has a common purpose – to start and grow a successful business. But, how do we get there?
Ask any successful business owner how they ‘got there’ and we bet you will hear at least one of the following:
- It took years of hard slog.
- It takes focus and tenacity.
- You must be prepared to take the knocks.
- Don’t throw good money after bad.
- Building a business will take over your life – you can say goodbye to family time.
The list is even longer. If you focus on the negative aspects of this list (and the many add-ons) you would probably find it daunting to even start a business. But, when you consider the up-sides, it makes it look more promising.
- It’s great. I have autonomy and don’t have a boss hovering over me.
- I love to be creative and to innovate.
- I’m following my dream.
- Yes, it’s hard work, but it’s worth it.
- I’m inspired to do great things.
If you take this a step further and ask business owners and entrepreneurs how they became successful, you might get one or more of the following replies.
- I’ve had great support from family and friends.
- I’ve learned from the mistakes of others.
- I’ve got a fantastic and supportive mentor.
- I look to others for inspiration and encouragement.
- I’ve got a network of like-minded people whose expertise I rely on.
These are only a few examples of how people manage to become successful. But, words that resonate throughout are; support, inspiration and encouragement. And, that’s where business networking comes in.
Networking for Support, Inspiration and Encouragement
No-one can start a business without help from someone, somewhere – it’s impossible. People will need finance, legal advice, a board of directors (if applicable), suppliers, services, and so on. No Man is an Island, as the saying goes.
Business networking sounds a bit boring and stuffy. But, here at District32, we can assure you that networking can be fun and enlightening as well as be professional and supportive.
Joining a networking group can offer you that spark of inspiration you were looking for, or that extra support and encouragement when you’re finding the going a bit tough.
Although family and friends play a big part in supporting and encouraging you in growing your business, they may not quite get that feeling of dread when you think you’re not going to make it, that you just can’t keep up with the demands of starting or running a business. They may not fully understand the business-related stresses that you face on a regular basis. They might not get why you’re not in profit yet, despite your hard work and commitment. They might not get why you need to spend so much time away from home and family, as well as you no longer being available to join in social activities.
Running a business can be a lonely place… but, it needn’t be.
Ongoing Support via Networking
As a networking group, we at District32 understand your needs and the stresses and strains that starting or growing a business can place on you. And, we’re here to help.
Our networking events provide inspiration, support and encouragement via:
- Ongoing peer support, including mentoring
- Expert advice on your business strategy
- Success stories from those who have succeeded in growing their businesses
- Valuing you as an equal contributor
- Opportunities for speaking at events for greater exposure
- Training so you’re equipped with the latest business growth strategies
- Education to enable you to keep up with changing business trends, including technology
- Promoting your business to help you take the load off
- Giving you the opportunity to help others and your community
Of course, we provide more but these things help you to grow as a person as well as helping you to grow your business.
Safety in Numbers
No matter what you’re trying to achieve in life, having the support of others is essential. Having group support is even better. We learn in groups throughout our schooling and education. We exercise with others at the gym. We socialise with others to have fun. Dieting is known to work best with a group of other dieters. Addicts of any kind benefit from peer-group support. We are social animals. It makes sense that most us prefer to learn this way.
So, why do some business owners and entrepreneurs feel they need to go it alone? Perhaps they see it as a sign of weakness rather than the show of strength that it is?
There’s safety in numbers and networking is no different. As a collective, we enjoy learning with and from each other. Belonging to a business network means we have ready-made access to expert and peer support. Indeed, our network is a place where peers freely pass on knowledge and expertise to those of us with less know-how or who are struggling. And, our network has a strong presence in your local community.
Join a business networking group
Join a networking group today and enjoy the benefits of peer-support as you start or grow your business. Expert advice, training, and education regarding business growth are within your grasp. So too is inspiration, encouragement and support. Become a member of a network and enjoy being part of the local community spirit. You don’t have to go it alone.